Dear senior 3 students,
Here is the recipe of the soya burgers which we made in class.
- 1 1/3 cups textured vegetable protein (dehydrated soy)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- Stir TVP into boiling water, in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce, herbs and spices.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat carrots, celery, onions, garlic and basil in a little oil, until softened.
- Mix vegetables into TVP mixture, slowly adding flour until the mixture holds its own shape.
- Shape into six patties. Try wetting your hands with a bit of water when shaping the patties to prevent it from sticking.
- Cook in a frying pan in a little oil until both sides harden up and darken.
- Put in a bun and serve with a fresh salad!